Thursday, January 23, 2014

Painting Headaches

 Painting Headaches


Let me tell you about the headache I have at the moment....

It started so small... like the prick of a needle size. It quickly grew to the size of my fingertip, and stayed that way for about 20 minutes. It was a very strange feeling, having a headache that size, it was almost cute... It began to bloom, like a flower opening in time lasp photos, I could feel it open and spread. I could imagine the colors of that flower, deep, dark red at the very center, where it once was so cute and tiny, just a little bud of a headache. But as it opened, and blossomed and spread, as the petals of this flower unraveled and reached further and further out towards the confines of my skull it lessened just a little. The colors faded to a lighter red, and then a pink, eventually to the white of no pain at the very edges of each petal. Now, there are no edges, no pinks, no pretty shades to the “cute” headache I started with.. Just a mind numbing, deep throbbing almost black red that is pushing against my skull and searching for a small crack that it can get its tentacles into and push forth out into the world, where it would like to fill the entire planet with the pain and despair that is hammering and creeping and touching and stroking my skull. I am telling myself that I MUST contain this headache, I must save the world by NOT letting it escape, not allowing it out into this world I love so much, where it could, and would, destroy those I love so much.

Okay, yes, a little strange, I understand, but then I have always been a bit on the strange side...that's where my creativity comes from, deal with it. When I told Big Daddy that I wished I could paint this headache, he just help me close and said, “Only you baby, would think to paint a headache...” I just thought it would be so beautiful on paper at that moment, now, I know what a monster it would be.... I am just saying, that to have a husband as sweet as mine who would lay and hold you while you talk about painting a headache without having you committed is a pretty special thing. Poor baby has dealt with me on so many issues that he just takes it in stride now. He did offer to go find me a sinus pill (it's in his DNA to “fix” my problems, and I can see the pain it causes him when he can't) and then he got yelled at because I AM TRYING TO GET OFF THE MEDICATIONS NOT TAKE MORE! And after very gently explaining to me that there is a HUGE difference between Norco's and aspirin, he practically begged me to take 2 aspirin. I gave in, took 2 and am waiting for it to kill that monster growing in my skull now. I have one thing to say to everyone on this planet, you are welcome. I am saving your lives tonight by not letting this thing out of my head and into your world. I do this for those I love, for those I have never met and for my country, God bless America and God bless Earth!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear what everyone has to say!