Thursday, January 9, 2014

Learning

Learning...
Things I learned yesterday while working on the dollhouse:
1. Just because you chose your bedroom as the place to work on it, does NOT mean you should sand the wood in your bed.
2. Take breaks before you break something.
3. This may take longer than you realized.
4. you are gonna need boxes, or bags, or some way to keep things organized before you lose your mind completely.
5. Stain and Polyurethane STINK and should NOT be done in the same room that you intend to sleep in!

The instructions have 26 sections. A-Z. Each section has between 2 and 486 steps (OK, I could be stretching that a little BUT it SEEMS like that much!). I managed to finish section A last night. Yes, it was only 2 steps.... PRINTED.... BUT, they don't count, taking each piece out of the wood, sanding it, painting and/or staining it as part of the steps, so add time there! 

My floors are stained a pretty light color, and have been coated in 2 coats of poylurathan (yes, it's misspelled, sound it out, I am still drinking coffee here), then flipped over and the ceilings had a coat of Kiltz and 2 or 3 coats of paint (I can't remember). I am well pleased with the floors, the ceilings, eh, but they don't call me the Queen of Good Enough for nothing! I decided that should I choose to, I can always go back at some other point in time and maybe glue a piece of poster board up there to get a pretty white ceiling, or actually BUY some ceiling tiles, whatever, I was frustrated and tired.I also got everything taken out and ready to be sanded for Part B today.

 Had to walk away a few times in frustration, but thank goodness I have the Internet to run too when this happens! Just log onto Facebook and look at everyone else's frustrations or go to www.webkinz.com and lose yourself in some mindless games and cute pets. I don't know why, but the thought never hit my head to do dishes or sweep the floor when I got to this point! LOL Okay, I did do some clothes, even folded them and put them away, but normally, if they are washed and dried, it's "good enough!" 

Today, I need to figure out what exactly I am putting together so I can paint the things the way the are supposed to be, I am thinking this is going to be the hardest part of the day, but I sure the House from Hell has other plans for me... surprises that I wont even expect! The Beacon Hill dollhouse is my mountain, and I plan on crossing it, no matter how long it takes! 

And now... the cat is screaming for food and the rabbit is begging to have her cage cleaned... again! Did I mention that we have a cat and a rabbit? The funny thing is, I am allergic to cats, and I WANTED the rabbit! Of course, they have names, the cat I call "Cat" but LeiLei calls him "Peanut" It doesn't really matter what you call him, he only comes when you have a can of food in your hands, silly cat thinks he is the King around here, I haven't gotten him to understand he is living in the Princess's world yet. The Rabbit's full name is "Bertie Butterfinger Bunch" "Bertie" for short... say THAT out loud and see if it makes you smile! It sounds like "Birdie the Rabbit"! He/she/it was named after my best friends husband Bert. They both (Bert and Bertie) will eat just about anything. Bertie doesn't seem to know she is a rabbit and there for a(n) herbivore. She likes chicken nuggets, french fries, chips, pretzels, beef jerky, goldfish crackers, peppermint sticks,  electrical cords, boxes, paper and anything else she thinks she can put in her mouth, or anything I put in mine! She is a little strange, but so are the rest of my family so she fits right in... the CAT however, invited himself to live in my house, refused to leave and has decided that he will reside here for as long as he wants. I can't argue, he found the hole under the kitchen sink and lets himself in and out at will.

Okay, so now, going to get this day started! Wish me luck, I am sure I will need it today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear what everyone has to say!