Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Here We Go


Since I started a new project, and in consideration of everyone on Facebook who would really rather NOT hear me ramble on about it for weeks (maybe months...or years?!?!) I figured I would just start a blog about life here in the Bunch household. So, before I start going on and on about my newest project, let me introduce myself.

Hi! I am Penny Bunch and I have a craving for all things crafty, am a knowledge junkie, an avid reader, and a married mom of two wonderful boys, and the two (almost three) most beautiful, and smart granddaughters of all time. (I could be a bit biased, but trust me, they are ADORABLE and BEAUTIFUL! Around here, they call me "Memaw" and it is the most wonderful name I have ever been called! I am married to Jason, who happens to be a truck driver, a wonderful provider, amusing, intelligent and soooo very, very patient with my crafts! There are many aspects of me, but if you will just hang out here and read my blog, you will get to know me, if you don't already, and if you do, then perhaps you find out something about me that you don't already know! So, lets get started!

For Christmas this year I decided I wanted a dollhouse kit. You see, we (My eldest grandbaby, LeiLei and I) put together a Fairy Garden in my back yard last year, and it was beautiful and special and attracted lots of fairies to our spot, (trust me, she saw some). But, somehow, when I get spring fever, I forget that I don't like to sweat in the summer time or freeze in the winter time, and that little fairy garden quickly became a mess of leaves and toppled over little houses. So, I tell myself, "I need to do this INDOORS, where the weather, cats and whatever's can come ruin it.... ta-da! Dollhouse idea!

 But, being me, I decided I would get the one that I would want for all time, instead of something that would be simple and easy to put together. I had done one other dollhouse, years ago for my Nanny, and I thought, I can do this! I searched for days, had friends sending me links to dollhouses to look at and after looking at all different type of doll houses, I came to the conclusion that I Ms Crafty-Queen-of-Good-Enough could put together the Green Leaf Beacon Hill dollhouse. Finally found a price that I thought my husband wouldn't murder me for and presented him with my plan. I had my arguments all planned out, ready to cry, pout, and stamp my feet when he told me, "Not paying that much for a toy." But, he smiled and said, "Go ahead, get it." I didn't even get to use my pouty lip.... 

On to ordering it and waiting frantically for it to come in, keeping myself busy in the meantime by checking out other peoples Beacon Hill house, and watching videos and getting hints and tips on how to put this thing together. Finally it arrived last night! YAY! I opened to HUGE box, and stared at all those little pieces, thinking, what have I gotten myself into? BIG BREATH, and go. Take out the "preinstructions" yes, this thing has instructions for the instructions... I read the pre-instructions last night, and checked to see if all the pieces are there... I missed one somewhere? This morning, I do it again, put all the sheets of plywood in order from 1 to 386 (ok, I may be exagerating a little here) and yes, I am missing one sheet. Sheet 13 is NOT IN THE BOX! I call and get a very friendly lady who is sending me sheet 13 in the mail. Read the instruction sheet again, and memorize steps 1 and 2. BIG BREATH and I take out all the floor pieces, (it is 3 stories high), and sand, stain and polyurathane them. Waiting for those to dry now so I can flip them over and paint my ceilings. and that should be day 1 of the house of horrors. But I will let you know tomorrow how much I actually got done. Here is a picture of what this house SHOULD look like when it is completed, with my own personal touches of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear what everyone has to say!