Thursday, December 25, 2014

Drop Stitch on a round loom

The drop stitch is a beautiful stitch, I am currently making myself a scarf using this method. I am making it very wide, so I am using my largest round loom.

Here is how I am working this scarf:

Cast on
Rows:
  1. Knit (I am using a simple e wrap knit)
  2. purl
  3. knit
  4. purl
  5. knit 1, yarn over 3 on the same peg, repeat for all pegs
  6. purl 1, drop all yarn overs on the peg, repeat for all pegs
  7. knit
  8. purl
  9. knit
repeat steps 5-9 until you reach the desired length
last 4 rows will be:
  1. purl
  2. knit
  3. purl
  4. knit
Cast off with the same cast on stitch you used in the beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Do you think you could put up a video tutorial for this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a newbie at looming and thought I had pretty much learned the terminology. but I am confused with rows 5 & 6. On Row 5 you say to repeat for all pegs. Do you mean K1, yarn over 3 on the same peg sequence on each of the remaining pegs? And on row 6 what do you mean by drop all yarn overs on the peg. Also is that a repeated sequence like row 5 but with a P1? Thanks in advance for being patient with me. I am 71 from Bourg, Louisiana and fell in love with looming this year. I've only made a hat, a potholder, and a pot handle sleeve. I'm working on a bath mat and arm sleeves for my arthritis. Nut I saw your project and fell in love. Please HELP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not understanding knit 3 on same peg.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to hear what everyone has to say!